You’ve heard me go on about this for the last month or so, but finally the Chopper Mod Project is finally complete.
I hit a bit of a snag a week or so ago when I threaded a crank and a pedal fell off, but today the replacement arrived, marking the final piece in the modification puzzle. Before I show you the nooks and crannies, here’s a little ‘before and after’ shot so you can see what I’ve done.
Not too shabby, right?
A rough list of all of the changes (in no particular order is)
- Stripping the original paint and hand spraying a custom design (with ‘#1′ and original mk1 decals)
- Cleaned and repolished the cranks, sissy bar, parcel shelf and nuts
- New white wall tyres
- Painting the inner of the rims, spokes and nipples black
- Addition of a honky honky horn
- Replacing the old grips with new ones to match the paint job
- New left crank arm
- New WellGo black metal pedals
- Removal of rear brake
- Single speed conversion and removal of gearing
- Addition of retro looking mirrors
- Addition of 5′ flagpole and pirate flag
- Addition of circular rear lights to match the rear reflector
- Addition of blue LED valve caps (that make a nice Tron-esque glow)
I’ll admit there are still a couple of changes that I’m going to make down the line. Firstly, I’ll be removing the horn and putting on what’s called a “ding dong bell” (you’ll understand when you’ll see a video of it doing it’s thing), and I’m contemplating changing the wheels to black SkyWay Tuff Mags. We’ll see.
Anyway, I’m done for now, so check it out.